Stereolizza are a Ukranian dance-pop duo based in Los Angeles with a handful of tracks to their name. They’re also a pair of demented geniuses, as evidenced by the brain-bending video clip for their new single Cool Cat, a track they describe as sounding like “Ellie Goulding, The Chainsmokers and Swedish House Mafia” all at once.
Forget about that time dance legend Sebastien Tellier was in the Eurovision finals – this the strangest thing you’ll see all day. The clip centres on the trials and tribulations our heroine Stereolizza experiences dating men with the heads of cats (awkwardly Photoshopped on). They don’t like the beach, they hide up trees, they eat raw fish and drink carafes of milk instead of wine. It’s a hard life, but she makes it work (just don’t tell PETA about the part where she makes out with a grey tabby in an empty bar). Steel yourself and click play below.
About InTheMix.com: From humble beginnings in Australia, inthemix has grown into one of the world’s biggest and most influential EDM communities and content platforms online, viewed by more than 6 million unique visitors in 2012.
May 21, 2015 – For all fans of upbeat dance music Stereolizza lets out her untamed “Cool Cat” – you don’t have to be a pet lover to fall into this vibrant beat with arresting vocals. Controversial as ever, Stereolizza teases and then leaves you craving for more. “Don’t try to find my home, cuz I live in the club!” she says – probably a slogan of all of those, who sleeps by day and parties by night. Definitely a track to have in your player if you consider yourself a “cool cat”! Written by Stereolizza and AlecZero; produced, mixed and mastered by AlecZero.
The song release is expected on June 1, 2015. You can PRE-ORDER it now!
“Cool Cat” is not just a random love story. Stereolizza is on a whimsical adventure of meeting various catmen, each of them having their own issues, until she finally finds a true chemistry with that one “cool cat” that stays with her forever.
Six real cats were cast for the music video to match the looks and the characters of human actors. The choreography piece was created by Dean Elex, who also danced in the video. Art department and styling – Stereolizza and AlecZero. Director of Photography – Zack Yan. Hair by Marva Stokes (performance and dance parts), makeup by Ande Castaneda (performance and dance parts).
- It is a very special music video for Stereolizza, because everything in it, starting from the treatment idea through all stages of production and post-production, was done by her. “I had this great idea for my next music video, no money and no knowledge of how to do it. But I wanted to do it so bad, that all the rest didn’t matter” she says.
- Main hero cat Dicey is 18 years old. He was a stray cat till he was picked up in Ft. Lauderdale in 1999
- Persian cat Marshmellow was also on Urban Outfitters t-shirts
- Jax, the sphinx, won 2nd best cat prize at the TICA show in February 2015
- Zoë is a female cat. When she was rescued her tail was badly damaged so it had to be surgically removed to give her the best chance of recovery
- Vaclav has a twin brother and is not afraid of water
- Shuki tried yogurt on set for the first time in his life